Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's Happenin' (In No Particular Order)

Laura, Todd and Takoda came to visit. Kate came too, but you'll see a picture of her further down on this post. We had a lot a fun hanging out and shopping around--no buying, just looking. It's always so much fun when they come because we get to act all goofy and crazy and no one else gets it. Family really is the greatest thing because you can just be yourself and not have to worry about what they think because DAH they love you anyway!
Adam has been teaching Angela how to give kisses and she loved kissing little Takoda while he was here.
Here is Adam hanging out in his holy socks. It's time for some new ones; the bottoms are a little warn, in case you didn't notice.
I got more bang in my bangs and I love it!
Adam gave me a new camera for valentine's day. This is the first picture I took with it. He is looking at the instruction manual. Man, he really knows how to treat me good. I was so surprised. I was already spoiled all day. I seriously felt like it was my birthday. He really has gotten good at this AWESOME HUSBAND THING in the past four and half years.

Adam received elbow pads, knee pads, and gloves from me for v-day. We need to protect this kid on those bike rides of his. PS: He herniated his disk last week working out, so it will be a while until he's back out there on his bike.
He also got this top picture of Angela and I in a frame for him to keep on his desk at work. This is a poor copy with my head cut off, but you get the idea.
Here is another one of the pictures from our short photo shoot. I like this one because Angela looks so much like a little kid.
Here is Kate and her CAKE! Is it not obvious that she is Adam's sister? They do look a lot alike. Anyways...She requested that I make her a cake or she wouldn't come. She was kidding of course, but I decided to really give her a CAKE! This is the biggest cake I have made so far and it took 4 cake mixes. Now that's a lot of cake! We all ate the first two layers while they were here, and she took the base layer home with her. We are all pretty caked out.
Here's a close up of the top. Here name is made out of fondant, as well as the curls, flowers, and ribbon. I iced it with butter cream icing and used edible pink spray to color it.
And....BLA DOW! Here it is! I have been getting comments and requests to see this thing, so here you go. I know I made a million mistakes and I always learn so much with every cake I make. I am hoping that I am getting a little better each time around.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

That cake is amazing, Rachel! It looks professional. Have you ever checked out Cake Wrecks? http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ They mostly have awful cakes, but some of them are pretty cool.

k.young said...

Wow. What cute pictures of you and Angela! Darling.
And what an AWESOME cake! WOW!

lbliss said...

it's so boring now around here:) Kate took the cake to moms...yep i'm caked out for while, not kate though...never she says:)

Jen said...

Wow, I think that cake looks great. I thought it was an expensive bakery one before I read the post!

Michelle said...

Awesome cake!!! You did a beautiful job Rachel.

: )

Vicki said...

I love seeing your cake creations. I wish I could have had a bite! We're glad you had a good time with your family.

MOM

kristib said...

Good work Rachel! I can't believe those curls are fondant. Way to go. It looks like you guys had a great time.

Darin and Shannon said...

Your little one is adorable! and that cake is amazing! Hope you are doing well!

Clarissa and Darrin said...

I love it! You are so good! I love the cake lessons you have been teaching me. We definitely need to get together and do more, I always look forward to it!