Monday, January 4, 2010

Angela's 2nd Birthday!

The first part of Angela's birthday was mostly just Mom and Dad cleaning, so she kept herself preoccupied in her new hiding place. She likes to climb inside our kayak and read her books.

I was determined to make Angela a cute birthday cake this year since last year she just had a brownie. I made Love A Lot Bear from the Care Bears because it is pink and Angela loves pink. We also love her a lot, so it was fitting.

I realized I hadn't written on the cake, so there you go!

Angela wanted to wear her dress-up party outfit when it was time to go out and since it was her birthday and her party we let her.
Where else do you take a two year old to play, but a park? She had so much fun on the swing she didn't want to get off, so we didn't make her. She was in it for a good half an hour and then we said we better get to dinner because we were hungry.
We went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. It's a favorite of ours and we always seem to get gift cards there every year so we never miss out on going.
When we got home Angela opened her presents,...
we sang happy birthday,...
and she dug right in!
She was eating that cake like her life depended on it. I'm glad to see she liked it!
Happy Birthday Babe! We love you so much!

6 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun day! The cake looks great too. I bet it was nice to have your own little family just dote on her.

Brytani said...

Isn't it great how much we just love them? They'll never get it. I think birthdays are the coolest because you get to do what you guys did: Just let them have one day to do whatever they want! The cake looks great, of course!

Michelle said...

Great cake! Angela looks like she had a lot of fun on her Birthday!

Tara said...

So Cute!!! Your little girl is darling! I don't think I've even met her! You guys should email me your emails so that I can add you to our blog! (It's not exciting because we don't have kids haha) I'm glad I found your guys' blog though! ... Anyways, I'm Adam's cousin by the way! We need to have a family reunion sometime. P.S. You are very talented! I love the cakes. I like to decorate cakes too, I should take lessons from you! :)

Michelle said...

WOW! You did a great job on the cake-looks like you all had fun :0)

Vicki said...

Angela is such a cutie! We are glad she had such a nice birthday.