Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Angela's 4th Birthday Party!

Upon Angela's request we had a mermaid party, so I had to make her a cake with a mermaid on it. I'm so glad that she loved it!

We went on a treasure hunt and Adam made all the kids pirate swards out of balloons.


Then we made all the kids into mermaids by duct taping garbage bags around their legs so they looked like fins.
Then we did some mermaid races to the mermaid rock. (we had that all on video)

The mermaid princess on her mermaid rock

And we all know it's not a party without a pinata!

We had a great turn out! Angela had 13 friends come so it was an exciting group!

Rowan beat the pinata the most. He has a good swing so we let him attack it after everyone had their turns. It was so well made that he couldn't break it. Adam eventually had to bust out his hammer and take a few wackes at it so the kids could break it.

I wish I had gotten a picture of the treasure chest. I was so pleased with how it turned out (but at least it's on video right). The kids are all lined up taking turns picking some treasure out of it. There were chocolate gold coins and ring pops inside.

I would have to say her party was a real success. I won't lie; I was a little nervous since this was Angela's first party with friends and there were a lot of them. But, everything went as planned and the kids all seemed to have a great time and so did Angela so the effort was absolutely worth it!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's a lot of little kids! Glad everything went well, looks like a fun party!