I have told many about the fort that Adam built in Angela's room, about a month ago, but I have neglected to post pictures. I really wanted to post pictures where it wasn't a mess and full of stuff everywhere, but I decided to quite waiting around. There were always reasons why I couldn't take a good picture like Adam had to take it all apart and seal it because the wood smell was really strong in her room, then her toys were everywhere from playing, then Adam had to clean the carpets so everything got put up and around it so it was off the floor. That is what happened yesterday, so it's a mess but you can see the contraption he built. Now you at least get the idea of what we had been talking about.
The view as you enter the room ( you can see her messy bed on the lower part)
Then as you enter more...
Part of the top level
***************************
Here is a cake I made this weekend for a teacher in our primary. It was her birthday on the same day as our primary activity so I thought it would be fun to bring her a cake. I needed some practice with fondant since I hadn't covered a cake with it for over a year and a half. I really wanted it to taste good so I used all homemade fondant instead of the store bought. The Wilton fondant is definitely a hundred times easier to work with and looks a ton better, but it tastes kind of nasty to me. So, this was more challenging and it didn't turn out that great because some of the flowers are a little crazy and the fondant had bubbles, but I am still learning. The more practice...the better. :)



7 comments:
umm wow can adam build this fort in my bedroom!!! And great job on the cake, truly you did an awesome job!
That cake is so cute! Nice work.
What a cool fort! I wish I could hang out in there! And I don't see any mistakes in the cake - it looks amazing! Go Rachel!
Wow, that is an impressive fort! How fun! And I think your cake looks wonderful. I decorated some cupcakes for a Primary activity yesterday, but they turned out a little sloppy. Maybe I should take a decorating class.
Rad, all of it.
Oh my gosh!!!! So cute! Wow!
I love the cake it is so pretty. I am so impressed. Mine never look like that. Teach me how.
Post a Comment