Friday, July 25, 2008

i LoVe YoU mOm--i'M glAd YoU'rE MiNe!!!


Well, I was thinking about my mom today as I was cleaning the bathrooms. (There is no association between the two. I just tend to think a lot about life and reflect on things while I am cleaning my apartment.) I just think that I am really lucky or rather blessed to have her as my mom. She loves me. She is always there and while I struggled in the past to be close to her, and I didn't understand a lot of what she did and why she did it, I am starting to understand it more now. I think I am starting to feel some of the things she feels as I am taking care of my daughter. I just hope I can do a good job.

I am grateful for her because she is always willing to help me with anything I ask of her. She is not selfish. She cares more about others than herself. She tries her best in all she does. She loves to spend time with me and my little family. She loves Angela like she is her own; I see it every time she holds her and spends time with her. I know that if I needed her to take care of Angela she would not do it because she feels obligated to, but because she truly wants to. She cherishes Angela just as she cherishes all of her children and grandchildren. She has this love about her that makes me start to see what the Lord wants us to be. Granted she isn't perfect, none of us are, and while I realize that we both have things we are trying to improve upon, I think that it's great. There is always room to grow and progress and become better. I am looking forward to getting to know my mom even better and become a better daughter and friend.

She calls me just to say hi and ask what I'm doing. She finds interest in what I am involved with. She wants to hear my thoughts and opinions, even though we don't always agree. She doesn't judge me. She thinks I'm a good mom and doesn't criticize how I take care of Angela. She knows that I know what's best for her. She believes in me and makes me feel important. I know that she has always wanted me to be happy and that's what makes her happy. I'm glad that she's my mom. I am grateful for all that I have learned from her thus far, and all I will continue to learn from her. Thanks for being my example.

PS: My mom is beautiful and she doesn't know it, but I do.

Another PS: Don't think I forgot you, Dad, you know I think you're neat too! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I am not commenting on your thing about your mom but I have to say hi. I am so glad that I ran into your blog. I love it!

You guys are so cute. The first time I looked at it you had my favorite song playing, Air by Jordin Sparks.

I can't wait to read more about you guys!

Michelle said...

Awww Rachel, that was so sweet. I'm glad you think so much of your Mom! I think she is pretty great too! My Mom is awesome like yours is. It must run in the family! I'm sure when Angela is your age, she will think the same of you!

: )

Vicki said...

Rachel,
I was so surprised to see this beautiful tribute on your blog. I cried when I read it. Thank you and I love you very much.

Your mom

Jodi Jean said...

awww ... what a beautiful post!! you're mom sounds awesome ... come to think about it, she sounds like my mom.

Jen said...

Rachel,

I'm glad you commented on my blog, no I don't think it's weird. I loved reading your posts and I feel like I almost know a little bit about you now. You're family is beautiful. I also happen to think that you and I might have the same taste in a lot of things.