Monday, June 29, 2009

My Birthday Weekend

I had a really fun birthday! I can't believe I'm 25! It's not like it's old, but I still remember being 18 and while I know I have changed..A LOT...it's still hard for me to grasp the fact that I really am getting older. Maybe it's because I like the idea of being a kid. They always seem to be so much happier.
We went out to eat at Omaha Jacks. It was delicious! I got a yummy stake and potatoes and Adam got the chicken. We even got appetizers and a drink. Seriously...that is going to town for us! I loved it! Afterwards we saw the movie, "The Proposal." It was really cute and funny. Romantic comedies are always a fun choice. We then topped the evening off with a chocolate pie from Marie Calendar's....to die for!
Here are the cupcakes I made for a baby shower the next day. My friend, Monica, is having her first baby and I'm so excited for her. She's going to be a really great mom.
I made two cup cake stands worth and not only were they cute but they tasted good. I decided to make white chocolate baby bottles and use chocolate icing on top. I love chocolate!!! Anyways...(focus rachel) they also had some vanilla filling inside to add a little more sugary DeLiGhTfUlNeSs to it. You will definitely need a glass of milk with one of these.

5 comments:

Walker Ohana said...

hey, happy birthday...a little late i know. sorry. so you made the baby bottles too? dang girl, you are talented! hey rachel, it's been great to get to know you better and to see how much you have grown! i'm happy that we are in the same family! who would have thought that back in the liberty square days when i knew you because i'd hang out with john mizz all the time. funny huh? anyway, we love you and happy birthday!

Clarissa and Darrin said...

Happy Birthday!! I am glad u had a great birthday date.

The cupcakes were great! Every thing about them was perfect. They tasted good and looked good. Your awesome.

Danny and Kristen Woodbury said...

Those cupcakes look great! I love that you made the bottles! Did you make the icing too?!? Is it possible to use the stores icing and put it through the icing tips to give it that fancy look? What kind of filling did you put in it? Man you are so creative!

Barbara said...

Wow, you're good! The cupcakes look delicious!

karla said...

Oh my - those cupcakes look amazing!